Followers

Monday 6 January 2014

January - a month of change.

Hello and welcome to my new blog. My name is Jan and I own Glitterwitch, a crafty business! This blog will be a little bit about me and living with an auto immune disease and lots about crafting.
I plan to share with you what I am making, give you crafty hints and tips, set up discussions about crafting, and share offers and previews from my website www.glitterwitch.co.uk 
So here goes:

January always seems a bit of a strange month to me. Quiet after the hustle and bustle of Christmas and New Year and yet full of challenges and new beginnings. As the owner of a craft website is it a time of change. Stock items somehow transform into something else. For example
This item was a Wooden Advent box because it has 24 drawers, but as soon as it is back in stock it will become a Crafters Storage Box or is it a Workshop Storage. Not sure which name suits it best - what do you think?

There will be lots of new items arriving on the website in the coming weeks including coloured wire for crafting and some unusual new Jewellery making kits. More about those when they arrive - hopefully later this week. I get quite excited when the big boxes arrive, even though I know what is going to be in them, there is still something of the child in me that loves unwrapping them and rummaging inside. I think a lot of crafters are the same- they just love getting their hands on new crafty things!

So, thank you for reading my new blog, I will leave you today with one of my favourite crafty quotes "The only way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas!. Bye for now and happy crafting.












2 comments:

  1. Ooooo I like that quote a lot! I think sometimes when you are your own boss running a business, its easy to see a multitude of ideas that don't come to fruition as failures, rather than as steps to finding that great idea.

    Good luck with your nee blogging adventures :)

    Shelly (penguin Ramòn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the trouble to comment. I often start of with an idea and end up making something completely different. I try to think that it is not wrong - just different!

      Delete