Followers

Monday 24 March 2014

VAT I thought I was doing ok .......

So, one week to VAT day - queue drumroll. So how is it all going at Glitterwitch HQ?
Well, I thought I was doing ok - making lists and plodding my way through them ticking things off one by one - but then my Hughes Syndrome (HS) kicked in!

We are told that when we are stressed it affects our weak spot - in my case - my left leg. The HS manifested itself in me almost three years ago with a large blood clot in my thigh that spread down my leg and across my stomach. Surgery cleared the clot, but my left leg has been permanently left the size of a tree trunk and with poor blood flow. In the last few days it has become more swollen (not a pretty sight) and rather painful. So, I spent yesterday (Sunday) with my leg up quietly knitting and not worrying about VAT at all.

It was a wake up call for me to remember that I have to pace myself and sometimes take things slower than I would like.

Anyway, onwards and upwards and today is another week and  another challenge. I am going to have my blood checked later today, just to make sure there is nothing else causing the swelling, but I am sure it will come back ok.

So, am I ready for VAT day? Well more or less, the biggest job left to do is amend the prices on the website to show the VAT content, but I cant really do that till the last minute.  To that end, I would like to ask for your help. I think the website needs a re-vamp, so I would like to ask you to pop over and have a look round and tell me what you think. How can I improve it? What do you like about it, or what don't you like about it?  Be honest - I can take it - I think!!
www.glitterwitch.co.uk

I will leave you with this thought:  Beading all day won't solve your problems, but then again, nor will housework!


No comments:

Post a Comment